I grew up in central New Jersey and traipsed off to Oberlin College for two years before returning to NJ to work at a series of wacky jobs while I got myself through Rutgers College.After a few more years of wacky jobs and a failed poetry career, I got into the internet industry and eventually to AOL and Netscape. I became a journalist in 2002 and now write all day, all week long, which is a dream come true. I live in Austin, TX and Exeter, NH, but mostly Austin where I live with JimmyChiv, a guy I first met in 1983. I broke his heart then but now we've reunited after more than 30 years apart and raise our parrot, Gilligan, together. I have a 23 year old daughter, Avalon, who also lives in Austin.
- Member of the jury for the Screenwriting competition for the New Hampshire Film Fest, am frequently a judge for food and drink festivals and competitions and am included in the book Legendary Locals of Portsmouth by Charles McMahon.
- James Beard Award Selection Committee Member
- Food and Drink Journalist for Print and Online Media
- Features Journalist
- Was a Content Strategist and Producer for major media companies including AOL, Netscape, Southern Star Interactive, Byron Preiss New Media, GateHouse Media (current), KFMedia.
- Spotlight Awards Chef Jury Chair
- A heck of a lot of fun